6.24.2008

Beach Party VBS


I haven't written anything new for the past couple weeks because I have been spending most of my time organizing One Spirit United Methodist Church's summer vacation bible school. Beach Party was a blast as we surfed through the scriptures this past week. Each day we left with better beach be-attitudes than when we arrived. We heard the story of Gideon and how he learned to be obedient to God. We met Mephisobeth and learned how important it is to be kind to others. On Wednesday, we heard the parable of the unforgiving servant and how it's important to be forgiving. Later, we heard the story of a woman healed who showed us how to be bold in our faith. Finally, we met Thomas and learned that truly believing is seeing. Each night Sandy Surfer helped us learn some cool on land surfing moves so we can ride the wave of God's love.

This year was the first year in a long time that I wasn't also directing the music. I got to enjoy learning the songs and motions right along with the kids. It was a lot of fun. We sang songs like 'Beach Party', 'Beach Be-Attitudes', 'Surfin' Through the Scriptures', 'In the Son', 'I Will Believe', and 'Sha-zaam!' I made sure we shared music with our smallest surfers. My daughter learned some new dance moves that she now shares with us during our daily dance time. She also learned some surfin' lingo and can now shout cowabunga and Sha-zaam. To get in the mood to write this article I turned on some of the tunes for inspiration. It became necessary to have a dance break. This year's music was a real hit with everyone, including all the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin