9.02.2010

Video of the Week: "Oh Happy Day!"

Last Sunday's worship at One Spirit UMC in Kansas City was quite music filled as we shared all the different ways we can come together and worship with "Glee".  Our choir sang the song "Oh Happy Day" by Edwin Hawkins.  I will either date myself or show you how young I am depending on your perspective but I have been singing a version of this song since 1993 when "Sister Act II: Back in the Habit" hit the movie theaters.  My parents and I sang the arrangement straight out of the soundtrack music book that I still have by the way.  Sunday's arrangement was not quite the same but still fun to sing none the less.

This week's "Video of the Week" is a two for one because I enjoyed the comparison as I did a bit of research to see what kinds of choreography people have put with this music and to remind myself of the Gospel style.  The first clip is the classic performance from "Sister Act II: Back in the Habit" with Whoopi Goldberg.  The second clip comes from the Choeur Gospel Célébration de Québec.  Enjoy!  

"Oh Happy Day" - "Sister Act II"



"Oh Happy Day!" - Choeur Gospel Célébration de Québec

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/02/2013

    YouTube video for a couple days now and bestessay singing along with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin