1.14.2009

Bobby McFerrin Sings Ave Maria

I must admit that my knowledge of Bobby McFerrin's work was limited to the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" song that my sister and I would sing to irritate my Dad. It wasn't his favorite. I was pleased to stumble upon these two clips to share with you and I would encourage you to watch his other videos. They all are quite stunning. Enjoy!

The first clip I would like to share is McFerrin singing a very familiar Bach Prelude with the audience singing the popular Ave Maria on top. The whole experience is just fascinating to me. To see people from different walks of life that make up that audience come together and all sing the same song. It's really beautiful. I would have loved to have been there.



I couldn't resist putting in this second clip. My daughter Madeline has been working on singing the Alphabet song and learning to recognize her letters. We were mesmerized listening to this version of the favorite children's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin