7.16.2010

Music and Passion with Benjamin Zander and Chopin's Prelude

There are so many things about this TED talk that I love.  Benjamin Zander is amazingly passionate about two things: classical music, and helping us all realize our inner love for it.  He believes that classical music can open us you to new possibilities, new experiences, and new connections.

I, too have been playing the Prelude by Chopin that he shares with the audience and then plays for them.  My practice of this piece has been quite methodical at best and this presentation couldn't have come at a better time because I had added the sheet music back to my seemingly endless pile that I will get to someday because I was a tad bit roadblocked.  I could play it technically but I wasn't really sure or maybe not confident enough to bring the music to life.  I think I might need to try Benjamin Zander's "One Buttock Technique" for expressiveness.  I'll keep you posted.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin