3.16.2011

Lenten Devotional: Week Two

Welcome to the second week of this Lenten journey! For this Lenten season I have put together a weekly series of devotionals from the Songs and Prayers of the Taizé community. Each devotional in the series will include a Psalm, Songs from Taizé, a picture of the cross that I hoped will aid in your reflection time, Intercessions and a prayer.   If you have just joined us and want to start from the beginning week one is here.

So take a minute to reflect on this week's message.


Psalm   from Psalm 25


My God, I trust you, let me not be disappointed;
do not let my enemies triumph.
Those who hope in you shall not be disappointed,
but only those who wantonly break faith.
Lord, make me know your ways.
Lord, teach me your paths.
Make me walk in your truth, and teach me,
for you are God my savior.
In you I hope all the day long
because of your goodness, O Lord.
Remember your mercy, Lord,
and the love you have shown from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth.
In your love remember me.
The Lord is good and upright,
showing the path to those who stray,
guiding the humble in the right path,
and teaching the way to the poor.


Song

"Ubi caritas (Where Charity and Love are)", The Community of Taizé


 

Silence

 

Intercessions

For the victims of war and violence, O God, we pray.

For those wounded by the constraints and the harshness of life, O God, we pray.

For the elderly and the ill who are alone, O God, we pray.

For those who devote their energies to restoring peace, to creating justice, to helping those who suffer, O God, we pray.

O Christ, you died and rose for us so that nothing can ever separate us from the love of God.

 

Prayer

Christ of compassion, through your Gospel we discover that measuring what we are or what we are not leads nowhere. What matters is the humble trusting of faith. By it we are led to glimpse the innocence of God and to understand that “all God can do is give his love.”

 

Song

"Nada de Turbe (Nothing Can Trouble)", The Community of Taizé

 


*Special thanks to these online resources who helped me pull this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin